Current Job Oppenings:
Shift: 3:00pm – 11:00pm
Pay Range: $12 – $14
Summary: Under minimal supervision, operate computer-controlled machines to perform one or more functions on metal work pieces satisfactorily to meet production goals; maintain quality and safety standards; record keeping; maintaining equipment and supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner. Complies with all company quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions to maintain safe operations.
- Properly and safely loads and unloads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position in CNC mills and lathes.
- Maintains part quality to meet specifications by observing drilling, grooving and cutting; detecting malfunctions.
- Maintain consistent volume with minimal non-conformances.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing need by completing production and quality logs.
- Studies and understands work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Understands and uses gages and measuring instruments to satisfy high tolerance requirements for production quality control.
- Maintains equipment by completing daily and regular preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions and maintains an organized and clean work area.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and desire to learn when required to improve his/her skills.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- The individual must have a solid understanding of metal machining concepts and processes including milling, drilling and turning.
- Language: Ability to effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbal and written in the English language.
- Mathematical & Reasoning: Ability to perform basic mathematical computations; apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to identify problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Physical Demands: Ability to lift approximately 50lbs when required. Ability to physically complete shifts requiring the employee to stand, walk and reach with arms and hands. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and to adjust focus.
If you are interested please send your current resume to Beth Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Weeks of Paid Vacation
6 Paid Holidays